Sunday 3 January 2010

3/365

I'm nervous tonight. I go back to work full time tomorrow, for a three month period. My fiancee is going to be staying at home and looking after our precious boy. He's always toyed with the idea of being a stay-at-home-dad, but I think he is going to find it harder than he thinks to keep the house clean, cook the dinner and look after the toddler. I'm giving it a week before he says "I can't believe you've been doing this for two years!"

Today's handmade item was a Christmas present. I mentioned my Grandmother briefly in my last post, but today I want to celebrate her wonderfulness by showing some of her art work. This photo is of a watercolour that she gave to me entitled "Windswept Day". She's been taking art classes for a few years now and have been in exhibitions and everything, I'm very proud of her! Her art is not for sale, she's very modest about it, but I really love this painting :)

Sorry about the glare, I have just hung it up in my kitchen, where it brings me happiness every time I glimse it in the corner of my eye. Handmade presents are the absolute best.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely painting!
    Good luck with work - I remember the first time jon looked after Amelia for a day (while I was pottering around) and she was much smaller he lasted 45 mins before collapsing ;-)

    ReplyDelete